Today in the morning I made my first bento box filling, ready for work.
And yes, it's not very pretty or beautifully arranged but for the first time I cared more about what comes in the box and how to make it.
What's in the box:
- Fried tofu, marinated in Teriyaki sauce
- Sushi rice with onigiri seeds topping (I planned real onigiri which are rice balls but the rice constantly fell apart
. I have to find a better way or rice for the next time)
- One or two nori sheets (sea weed sheets, buried under the tofu *g*)
- Tamagoyaki (omelette which includes some leaf spinach soaked in little soy sauce)
- Cherry tomatoes
- Edamame (boiled soy beans, a little bit salt was added)
And of course the cup of green tea is NOT part of the bento
but it was my breakfast tea and it's a Japanese one so I thought it would fit well here in the picture.
Although I had to realize how much work and time you need to invest in a bento box this won't be my last. I won't do this every day but I have collected a lot of filling ideas already